Friday, December 3, 2010

Hinsides Interview


1. Can you introduce the band, and tell us a little bit about yourself and how you came into existence?



The band consists of Oriasipes: guitar, Gravkald: vocals, Dunkelrot: bass and Stian: Drums.

I have been interested in music and the state it brings me into since I was a kid, that inspired me to start playing instruments and creating music.

The band was started up in 2005 by me. In the beginning I was creating music for this band, when I felt I had enough music I start to look for members. There was several line up changes during the first years. The line up now is stable and everybody is dedicated to the music.

 

2. How would you describe the musical sound of the new album and how does it different from past releases?



The new album has an intense and dense dark necro sound, compared to our previous album that have a more classic old-school underground sound. The sound we have on the new album fits the musical expression we wanted to achieve.

When it comes to our demo it was recorded on an eight track recorder. The sound is very raw but I think we managed to create a distinct sound on it.



3. How would you describe the lyrical content of the new album?



The lyrics has different aspects, it is about the universe and the search for it’s mysteries from the beginning of time. The intention to put you into a state of feeling being in dark endlessness is absolutely present. Some parts of the lyrics are also very cryptic. I also put critical views on the society we live in in the lyrics. It has an Anti- Christian message.



4. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name Hinsides?



Hinsides means beyond and the state of being beyond in English.

The name has been on my mind several years before I officially started up the band.

I think the name suits several themes we write about, especially our lyrics about universes and parallel worlds.

 

5. What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and how would you describe your stage performance?



I like the shows we had at Karmøygeddon Arctic 2010 and the Sint October festival in 2008. We use some light effects on our shows, we do not move so much around on the stage. We want to create a dark obscure feeling for the audience.



6. Do you have any touring plans for the new releases?

We do not have any touring plans right now. We played at the Karmøygeddon Arctic festival 2nd of October and our album was released the 1st of October, so it was a kind of release concert for that album.

 

7. Are any of the band members currently involved with any side projects or is this a full time group?



Gravkald play drums in Nordavind and Kråke, besides he has a one man project called Eldvind. Dunkelrot has a one man band called Dweller. Stian has a one manband called Ulvaskar. I also write music besides Hinsides, I am planning to release that in the future, but it’s too early to say when.



8. On a worldwide level, how have black metal fans reacted to your musical sound?



We have got many positive feedbacks from black metal fans. Especially because we keep the old necro black metal feeling in our music, we do not modernize our music with progressive elements as many bands do today. We absolutely want to keep the dark feelings in our music and we want to make our music original within the frames of Black Metal.



9. What musical direction do you see the band heading into on future releases?



We are rehearsal and writing lyrics for our next album now. We want to too create a deep dark depressive feeling in it. I am manifesting my visions of an eternal dark cold never-ending expanding universe in the music.



10. What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your music and also

what are you listening to nowadays?



I like too listen to old school black metal bands if they manage to create their own sound and feeling in their music. I also like noise music, classical, ambient and some death metal. I would not say that I get inspired to make music by listening to a band I like, but of-course everybody is under influence by their surroundings in life. I have been listening to Gorgoroth, Throne of Katarsis, Darkspace, Nile, Cryfemal and Furze the last weeks.

 

11. What role does Occultism or Satanism play in the music, and how would you

describe your views on these topics?



Our music has an Anti-Christian message, but there are also occult elements in it.

I am interested in demonology and like to read about it.

I think practicing Satanism and Occultism is a good think to do, because it is against Christianity and can release people from their mental slavery.

The Christian religion is an instrument to suppress people and keeping the masses away from knowledge. They spread their religion in poor countries and build schools, hospitals and churches with the purpose of increase their power and the control over the people. Those countries often have a lot of analphabetism and the population is easy to convert. In general the Christian religion has been forced upon most of the people in the world since it started. The Christian religion should have been forbidden ages ago.

 

12. Outside of music what are some of your interests?

Here in Norway we have a lot of forests and desolate places, I like to visit places like that, it might sound like a cliché, but I think the Norwegian nature gives a special feeling and is unique in its own way.

I also like to travel around the world, especially in south East Asia and I am planning to travel in Eastern Europe and the countries around the Mediterranean ocean in the future.



13. Any final words or thoughts before we close this interview?



I and Dunkelrot changed our artist names in early 2010.

My artist name is now Oriasipes.

Glaurung changed name to Dunkelrot.

 

Thanks for the interview.

Hinsides @ Last.fm
Hinsides @ Myspace
Hinsides @ Reverbnation
Hinsides Official Website

No comments:

Post a Comment