Monday, March 9, 2015

Agos Interview


1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the band?
The band was created by me Van Gimot in 2014 I wanted to express something different from the other bands I’ve played and play when I made 3 songs and named the band project agos. After this I asked Astrus from Aenaon to write the lyrics. When the lyrics were ready I started recording the vocals and then the mix mastering procedure started!

2.Recently you have released an ep, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recording?
Having a specific plan ethically and lyric wise I was able to materialzse what I had in my mind, with the proper lyrics of course so the result will have the aesthetic quality I wanted. I prefer to let the listener be judge of what he listens it’s up to the listeners imagination and it will be not fair (for the listener) to spoil this

3.Your lyrics cover a great amount of Sumerian, Occult and Magick themes, can you tell us a little bit more about your interest in these topics?
The lyrics are based on Sumerian civilization and more specific on death and on how the Middle East civilizations see and understand death

4.I know that the bands name means 'miasama' or the one that has been cursed by the gods in Greek, does the mythology, culture and philosophy of your home country also play a role in your music?
Of course it plays a role it’s not random I wanted the name that will follow the music to be relevant and vice versa

5.Currently there are only 2 members in the band, are you planning on expanding the line up in the future or do you chose to remain a duo?
At the moment it works just fine like this, I haven’t consider making Agos a complete (member wise) band, this could be handy for a live. Music wise and lyric wise I am 100% satisfied

6.The ep was released on III Damnation productions, can you tell us a little bit more about this label?
Yes, III Damnation productions have also released Virus of Koch ”Lux et veritas” on tape and Aenaon “Extance” after a first conversation we had about Agos instantly expressed their interest to release our material, we were absolutely satisfied of our previous cooperation so we arranged to release MLP too!

7.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of black and death metal?
The feedback was more than satisfied if we consider that it is a band with only a 3 songs MLP till now!

8.What is going on with some of the other musical projects or bands these days that some of the band members are a part off?
Distance doesn’t bother us at all, internet is a distance killer anyway. Our partnership is as good as if we were working together in the same studio.

9.When can we expect a full length album and also where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?

At the moment I can’t promise a full length album soon. The only sure thing is that there are going to be more songs in the future! About where the band is heading time will tell!

10.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
There are many bands I can tell you that in the specific period I was listening a lot of Grave Miasma and Necros Christos. I can’t say that I wasn’t influenced!

11.What are some of your non musical interests?
I like write music the most! But I also like sports reading and movies

12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
Yes thank you for this interview and let us be cursed by the gods!

Bandcamp
Facebook
Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment