Thursday, April 12, 2018

Razorschrieck Interview


1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the musical project?

Razörschrieck was a logical continuation of my previous project “OMYT”. It was started because, I think, I made lots of mistakes in “OMYT”, and I wanted to fix them. Project was founded in August 2012, and then it all began. At that time I didn't live very well and was poor and depressed, it was horrible. I needed to throw it all away, and music seemed like a good way to do it.

2.How would you describe the musical sound that was presented on your last recording?

I can describe it like a “funeral sound” similar to such bands as Xasthur and Nortt. In my oppinion it resembles wet cemetery ground in autumn.

3.Besides depressive black metal you have also done dark ambient, industrial and noise, do you fell you have a lot to offer to these many different musical genres?

When I do it and when I do my music I think about nothing else except the means and tools which can help me reach my purpose in making necessary mood and atmosphere.

4.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects you have explored over the years with your music?

Thoughts, feelings, emotions… apathy, depression, everyday life painted in funeral colours… nothing new in my lyrics. You can also visit the band`s bandcamp – there are some lyrics translations in English for foreign listeners.

5.From 2013 to 2016 you released a great amount of music, what has happened since 2016?

Since 2016 I was making music in other bands and projects. I wrote lyrics and recorded vocals for melodic-black metal band “Gates of Chaos” and their full-length album «Из Бездны Тьмы». I also recorded a demo and an EP for my punk-rock band Whorez, and recorded the debut album for another project of mine «Мономан» - it`s a stoner rock band. Now I have plans to return with Razörschrieck.

6.Before 'Razorschrieck' you where also doing music under the name of 'OMYT', how would you say both musical projects differ?

I said it earlier – Razörschrieck was a logical continuation of “OMYT”, and their difference is only the quality of the material.

7.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Razorschrieck'?

The name “Razörschrieck“ means Razors cutting flesh with a noisy shrieck… like a chainsaw.

8.With this musical project you record everything by yourself but also worked with another musician in a different musical project, do you feel this project is more personal for you?

What project do you mean?

9.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of black metal?

There has been very little feedback. For all this time only a few people from other countries contacted me.

10.Where do you see yourself heading into as musician in the future?

I see myself outside.

11.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?

There are lots of musical genres and bands which influence me and which I`m listening to nowadays. I may name a few depressive black metal bands… Xasthur, Lifelover, Shining, Malvery, Todesstoss and Silencer. I also want to mention one more band which has a great influence on me – Bethlehem.

12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?

Rest in peace.

Bandcamp
Facebook
Spotify
VKontakte

No comments:

Post a Comment